Exciting...

Friday, August 6, 2010

I adore Julie/Julia - Mastering The Art of French Cooking

pic
 pics was taken from www.pbpulse.com

I have watched the movie over n over again....without any ounce of boredom in my cells.  But do not make any haste judgment yet...as I am not going to be pseudo-Parisian...my heart are still full with love to cupcakes and such...

Let see, what makes me love this movie so much. First...it is the determination of two women from different walks of life laboring themselves cooking the exquisite French food. Second, the excitement they have for food is very contagious...food is no longer food.....it is the work of art of an obsessed foodie. Third...I just love the homey ambiance of their kitchen...well used kitchen...

Though I can't see the any bright light in French cooking, I can't refrain myself from obtaining  the legendary book by Julia Child (an ebook version, of course)  - The Art of Mastering French Cooking. Haven't got the chance to read it thru just yet, but I am looking forward to immersed myself and who knows, I may try at least one of the recipe?? Hahahaha....

 
pic was taken fromwww.pbpulse.com 

 The above pic is Julie Powell, a women who turn to cooking as means of escaping from the energy draining day job ( I am sure can relate to that!). As for me, baking get me refocus on great things in my life and connect to the creative part of my brain (which I haven't use for a long time - I used to love doing handicraft)

So my dear reader, if you really love cooking or baking...please do watch this movie. I promise, you will  no longer look at cooking (or baking) the same way again. Not as just fulfilling the body needs but as a journey of bumpy roads....which in the end, a persistent soul would find endless bliss in life...

Psst....who knows...I may write a book on cupcakes n such?

Nanie...thanks for recommending this movie to me....I love it as much as you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment