Exciting...

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pelaga Ville

The small tank is a Hospital Tank where I nurse sick Betta...

Many didn't believe that I can have an interest in keeping pets...I don't blame them...coz I don't look like a 'fishy' person..hahah...pun intended....ngeee
We used to have 2 feet tanks in our home (Kuching that is)...the unique thing bout our tank is its position. There is a hole on our living room wall where a few inches of the tank would protrude inside the room....and the rest was left outside...what u will see is a picture-framed-like aquarium....neat, right?

Dad are keen on gold fish....we do have a few. I remembered how I like to watch the fish swim about...sometimes I would make up stories about them....The fish didn't last long and that was about it...I never think of keeping fish myself.

While working in a private college, I am in boredom state. So much so...I end up wandering in a pet store and purchase a fish...which I named S*****l (for the sake of annoying a snob colleague of mine)...hahah..and I have fun at it too...I used to scold at S the fish with a pun intended. Anyway, S the fish is the smartest and cutest fish I've ever had. He is so playful and would sulk if I am too busy to attend to him...he died 1 year later...and I am so upset, I didn't think I would have another fish again...

Few years being 'fishless'...I finally decide to adopt some...this time I choose Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens) because it is hassle free to maintain...it is not sensitive to slight changes in pH, temp etc (but if u want the Betta to live longer...they do need constant pH, temp and such)...I have my own Pelaga Ville...

I've been keeping Betta for few month now...they come n go...I finally left with 4...after Milky died few days ago...So I would like to introduce you to my subjects. On the left is Skype...he has this sky colored blue with reddish tint...he use to have this infection, so after nursing him everyday, he became acquainted to me....whenever I need to scoop him out, he would automatically swim inside the scoop...saves me the troble of chasing him round the jar...

This is Zyla...she is very aggressive fish...and very active...she is the only female in Betta Village....When she is getting impatience during feeding, she would jump towards my fingers which startled the day light out of me...she is such a tough gal.
This is my favorite coz he is fatter than anybody else. He is so cute that I sometime wish I could kiss him....hahaha...But he is easily frightened though....he would hide behind a big pebble or plant when my hand accidentally knock his jar. I called him Lucky because he have this platinum gold color....
 Last but not least, my Gracey. He have this cool persona and wouldn't care any tricks I played on him....he have this beautiful veil tail that I really love....U can see he is very comfy by looking at the bubbles he made


No comments:

Post a Comment