Exciting...

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Engagement Bear


My officemate, My...is engaged to Ainul on 5th June 2010....for that, I plan to present her with an engagement cuppies ....unforeseen circumstances leads to disastrous cuppies...unfortunately, I can't give it to her on that day...but since I've made a couple bear...I gave it to her on later date anyway  as a congratulations cuppies...
N is for Neza (My's second name) and A is for Ainul...wish I can buy fondant alphabet tappit...it would be more nice to use it...I cut out the heart shape with different size cookie cutters...
It took me all night to sculpt this figurines....I tried to make it looked like forever friends bear...but without any reference, I just go wild with my imagination...if u see some mess on it...blame it on the packing box I've used and  the rough handling during transportation...ngeee

Rules in sculpting figurines:
1) Always have some reference pic of the object...it will allow you to estimate the shape n its sizes
2) Always sketch the overall design of ur cuppies (I did, but it didn't follow through coz of the 'unforeseen circumstances')
3) Use deep packing box or measure the box's depth before sculpting ur figurines...to avoid damage to figurines (like mine...)
4) Allow the figurines to set before topping it onto ur cuppies...because fondant is not a gumpaste...a little rattle could disintegrate the form...be gentle...



No comments:

Post a Comment