Exciting...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My First Cuppy Deco Class

Many do not know or even refuse to believe that I'm into baking...SURPRISE!! I AM into baking now, especially the decor part. I just LOVE it!!! Somehow, its kinda therapeutic to me...alas, I can squeeze out my creativity juice outta ma head...

Actually my first attempt to decor cuppies have started around May 09. I have been fascinated with the colorful and cute cuppies decoration...it is not only feast to the taste but FOR the eyes too. Somehow, a colleague of mine propose me to provide her with cuppies for Teacher's Day dedication project (the project did not get done). Coincidentally, my sister and me have been talking about a business venture and it just perfectly match with my friend's proposal...

Just using books n internet on recipes n how to, I brace myself to explore the unknown territory of cuppies decor (I'm the expert in baking simple choc cake only)...and the result is not like what I've expected. I'm not givin up though...and I am more hook into it. Sadly, I can't explore by experiment. Thus, the best way is to attend class.

At first, I choose a class conducted by an Indonesian. Since in her blog, it seems she is well known and have experience givin class..BUT...somehow, I've got nagging feeling bout her...maybe because the way she present herself to prospect client? Then this one fine day, I browse through Mudah.Com...and I stumble upon this bakery which also gives class on baking in Seremban. After checking out Pn Zalina's blog, I am captivated by her candid n funny post. Other thing that makes me really want to enroll in her class is that she would teact me on making my own fondant n using steam buttercream technique. Yes, just what i need!


The class being held from 11 am till 3 pm but in actual, we drag the time till 5 pm. At first, all of us seemed reserved...but as time went by, we r getting warmer n crazier by the minute. We talk, sing and goofing around that we didnt realize, its time to go home. I really like using fondant...it is so simple yet gives professional look on my cuppies...i need to create my own design and practice on drawing free hand wif buttercream...wish me luck! Check out Pn Zalina's post on our class here --> http://bzeecake.blogspot.com/2009/10/kelas-advance-hias-cupcake.html


P/S: Next class maybe on homemade choc? Or maybe famous choc cake class? Really can't decide...

Note 1: Pic 2 and 3 was taken from http://bzeecake.blogspot.com
Note 2: This article was written on 2nd November 2009







No comments:

Post a Comment